Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! Please check out this page for resources and other useful information for our Vantage Point Campus families!
FAMILY LIAISON ANNOUNCEMENTS:
FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH |PARA LAS COMIDA GRATIS Y A PRECIO REDUCIADO
Please remember to apply for "free and reduce lunch" for your child at https://www.adams12.org/nutrition/free-and-reduced-meals or click: APPLY.
LAUNDRY FACILITIES FOR STUDENT AND FAMILY USE
Do you need access to a washing machine and dryer? Vantage Point is offering students and families the opportunity to wash clothes from 2 pm to 4 pm daily for FREE. Thanks to Crossroads Church, you will also be provide laundry soap.
Call the office to reserve a time. Sign-in at the front office and bring your photo ID. You may wait in the library with our after school program while your laundry completes.
Call us with any questions at 720.972.5800
The Nonprofit Garage is dedicated to helping all income households fix their cars and continue to lead productive lives. We do this by offering tiered, income-based pricing, by giving internships to trade school students, offering classes on basic car repair & maintenance, and by partnering with other nonprofits that share our fight against poverty & immobility.
Classes for Beginners (car care and maintenance)
Low-income brackets to fix your car at the best price.
Low-cost inspection fees
Car shopping help.
7761 Niagra St., Commerce City, CO 80022. / 720.463.4419
LEAP ( Low-Income Energy Assistance Program)
LEAP is a federally funded program that helps eligible hard-working Colorado families, seniors and individuals pay a portion of their winter home heating costs. Their goal is to help bring warmth, comfort and safety to your home and family by assisting with heating costs during the all-too-often harsh Coloradan winters. If your income is up to 165% of the federal poverty index, you may qualify for heating assistance this winter through LEAP. LEAP only accepts applications between the months of November and April. The application is available below. You can also contac them at 1.866.432.8435 to find the address of your Adams county contact.
Energy Outreach Colorado leads a network of industry, state and local partners to support, stabilize and sustain Coloradans to afford their energy needs. 225 East 16th Ave, Suite 200, Denver, CO 80203. Phone: (303) 825-8750 | Fax: (303) 825-0765 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internet Essentials from Comcast: You may qualify if you are eligible for public assistance programs such as the National School Lunch Program, Housing Assistance, Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, and others.
Save the Dates! Fall Food and Sock Drive November 6-December 12
We are collecting food for local food banks this holiday season and participating in a sock drive to bring awareness to homelessness while forwarding socks to our neighbors experiencing homelessness. You can help! To learn more, contact Community Connections at 720.977.5800 or Connections@ThorntonCO.gov.
ADULT LITERACY AND EDUCATION CLASSES
Vantage Point is the site for Adult Literacy classes at night to include ESL, GED Prep and career counseling. There is a cost of $55.00 per class for parents and there is not childcare at this one. See the flyer below for more information.
FOOD BANKS | BANCOS DE COMIDA:
- Vantage Point Campus: The Vantage Point campus is operating two food banks for Vantage Point Campus students and families. One is located at the Vantage Point entrance and the other is located in the Crossroads main office. If you have any food you would like to donate to the food bank feel free to bring it to either main office. Our school also receives donation from Totes for Hope.
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Stewardship Food Bank: 11426 Pearl St., 303.452.2041. Serves families in the 80233 area on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 9-11 a.m.
- Good Shepherd Presbyterian Church Food Bank: 10785 Melody Drive, 303.452.5478. Serves families in the 80234 and 80260 areas Tuesday through Friday, 10-11:45 a.m.
- Northglenn Christian Church: 1800 E. 105th Place, 303.452.3787. Serves families living from 84th Avenue to 160th Avenue between Washington Street and Riverdale Road on Tuesday and Thursday, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Food Bank of the Rockies
- Adams County Emergency Food Bank: 7111 East 56th Avenue, Commerce City, CO 80022. Food Commodities are distributed Wednesday through Friday, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm. To qualify for the TEFAP (1) proof of Adams County residency, and (2) photo identification. 720.878.3563.
- North Denver Cares Food Pantry: 6900 West 117TH Ave Unit 700W, Broomfield, CO 80020. The North Denver Cares Food Pantry is located in Broomfield, CO. They provide short-term, stop-gap help providing food for the hungry and needy people of the North Denver area. 303.466.2115.
- Metro Caring: Located at the intersection of 18th Ave. and Downing St. (1100 E. 18th Avenue, Denver 80218). Program hours are: Monday-Friday, 9:30am – 3:00pm and Tuesday evenings, 6:00pm – 8:00pm. 303.860.7200.
- Jewish Family Service of Colorado: 3201 South Tamarac Drive, Denver, CO 80231, 720.248.4716. Services and programs are offered regardless of faith or background and include senior services, emergency financial assistance for bills and living expenses, supplemental food assistance, mental health counseling, adult care management, 24/7 homecare, and disability services.
- Almost Home Inc. : 231 N Main St., Brighton,CO 80612, 303.659.6199. Provides rental and utility assistance to families in need. They also offer ESL / GED programs.
- Catholic Charities of Denver: 6240 Smith Road, Denver, CO 80216, 303.742.0828. They assist with food, shelter, rental assistance, diapers and counseling.
- Northglenn Utility Assistance: 11701 Community Center Drive, Northglenn, CO 80233. To be eligble to receive assistance with your Northglenn utility bill you must be a resident of Northglenn for at least 6 months. 303.450.8822.
- Thornton Utility Assistance: If need assistance paying for utility assistance, call City of Thornton for assistance. It is based on income. 303.538.7222.
- Mile High United Way: 2.1.1.
- Energy Outreach Colorado: Provides bill payment assistance to households across Colorado who are behind on their energy bills and are at risk of not having home energy. Payments are made directly to a local utility or fuel company. 225 East 16th Ave, Suite 200, Denver, CO 80203. 303.825.8750.
- Unison Housing Partners: Provides rental and utility assistance as well as housing programs.
RTD DISCOUNTED PASSES:
- People between the ages of 20 and 64 whose household incomes are at or below 185% of the federal poverty level can apply to recieve 40% off RTD fares.
- Children 5 and under ride free with a fare-paying adult.
- The Youth Special Discount Card (SDC) gives 70% off of fares for individuals aged 6-19 on all regular bus and train service. If the passenger has a current middle or high school ID, or government-issued photo ID showing the passenger’s age, then the Youth SDC is not required. The youth discount is not offered on Access-a-Ride service.
- The Individuals with Disabilities Special Discount Card (SDC) provides a 50 percent fare discount for individuals with disabilities on all regular bus and train service. The individuals with disabilities discount is not offered on Access-a-Ride service.
BASIC READING, WRITING AND MATH CLASSES AND GED® PREP CLASSES
Classes in Westminster, registration in Northglenn. All classes taught in English. Registration: 5:30 p.m. Next registration: TBD.
Clases de Lectura, Escritura y Matemáticas Básicas Preparación para Exámenes de GED®
Clases en Westminster. Inscripción en Northglenn. Todas las clases se enseñan en inglés. Inscripción a las 5:30 p.m. Próximo registro: a ser determinado.
SPEAK ENGLISH CONVERSATION GROUPS | HABLA INGLES: Grupos de conversación
Grupos gratis de conversación por la mañana y por la tarde para ayudarle a hablar Inglés con confianza. Todos los participantes son bienvenidos. No necesita registrarse.
Biblioteca en la Calle Irving
7392 Irving Street, Westminster 80030
Lunes, 6:30 p.m., Salon de Comunidad
Martes, 9:30 a.m., Sala de studio A
Martes, 6:30 p.m., Salon de Comunidad
Habla Ingles Para Hispanohablantes
Martes, 5:30 p.m., Salon de Comunidad
Biblioteca Westminster en College Hill
3705 W. 112th Avenue, Westminster 80031
Miércoles, 9:30 a.m., Salon L 167
Miércoles, 6:30 p.m. Salon L 167
Jueves, 9:30 a.m. , Salon L 167
No hay grupos del 25-28 de noviembre.
CITIZENSHIP CLASS | CLASES DE CIUDADANÍA
Biblioteca en la Calle Irving
7392 Irving Street, Westminster 80030
Todos los sábados por la mañana 10–11:30 a.m.
ESTAS CLASES PROPORCIONAN:
• Ayuda con preguntas de ciudadanía
• Practica con la entrevista de
• Ofreciendo informaciõn sobre
el proceso de ciudadanía
PARA MÁS INFORMACIÓN